Types Of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information. Personal Information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual's name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual.
For example, we collect:
- i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through a voluntary registration process, sign-ups or emails);
- ii) Transaction information you provide when you request information, contact Customer Service, or purchase a product from us (e.g. your postal address, telephone number, or email address);
- iii) Information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products from us, register with us or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to guest surveys, or otherwise interact with us using one or more devices.
We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our site. We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
Tracking technologies enable us to serve secure pages to our users without asking them to sign in repeatedly. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. If a user's system is idle for a defined time, the cookie will expire, forcing the user to sign in again to continue their session. This prevents unauthorized access to the user's information while they are away from their computer. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Site.
Sharing Your Information
Authorized Tool Outlet only uses your personal information for the original purposes it was given. Your personal information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties without your approval at the time of collection.
Authorized Tool Outlet will not disclose, use, give or sell any personal information to third parties for any purposes other than to our suppliers and other third parties who need to know in order to deliver services on behalf of
Authorized Tool Outlet unless required to do so by law. Further,
Authorized Tool Outlet reserves the right to contact you regarding matters relevant to the underlying service provided and/or the information collected.
Please note that Personal Information is used only to provide you with a more enjoyable, convenient online experience and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your Personal Information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring Web site (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
Also, we may share Personal Information or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates. We may transfer Personal Information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
Authorized Tool Outlet may disclose Contact Information in special cases where we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions of use or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no Personal Information.
Your Controls And Choices
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove any of your personal information at any time by logging into your account and accessing features on the "My Account" page. You may also contact email@example.com In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- i) Correcting, updating, and deleting your account;
- ii) Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
- iii) Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- iv) Choosing whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- v) Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. (e.g. individuals under 13 years of age). When necessary features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. Should we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- i) Notifying parents or legal guardians about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- ii) In accordance with applicable law, and our practices, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- iii) Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity; and
- iv) Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
Data Security, Integrity, And Retention
Comments And Questions
California Residents Rights
This Notice to California Residents is to be read in conjunction with
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Sections 1798.100 and 1798.105 permit you to make requests to access categories and specific pieces of personal information about you, as well as to request to delete personal information about you. To make such a request, please contact email@example.com